Deadline for application:June 26, 2022
apply for the sixth edition of the Social & Inclusive Business Camp (SIBC)! An acceleration and training program to promote entrepreneurs with high impact and growth potential on the African continent.
The Social and Inclusive Business Camp is an acceleration and capacity development program. It is dedicated to entrepreneurs with an impact project on the African continent and wanting to scale.
It is a hybrid support program, which includes:
- 3 months of remote coaching on a dedicated online platform, alternating interactive virtual classes with international experts and learning resources to consult autonomously.
- 1 week intensive Bootcamp in MarseilleFrance, in association with the EMERGING Valley Summit (event dedicated to emerging innovations between Europe and Africa)
- The possibility that each participant is followed by a mentoran experienced alumnus of the program
- networksby joining an active and ambitious international community of 240 entrepreneurs and networking with investors and financial partners during the Bootcamp.
Since its first edition in 2017, the SIBC has supported 240 entrepreneurs with strong social impact in Africa in their transition to scaling, measuring their social performance and preparing for fundraising.
The program is organized around 4 key themes.
- Leadership, governance and team– Better define your purpose and mission, structure your governance, and organize your teams for successful growth
- Scale up: Adapting your business model and building your scaling strategy to multiply your impact (with a specific focus on female leadership)
- ESG and impact: define your ESG & Impact policy and measure your social performance
- Investment readiness: identify your financing needs, understand investor expectations and prepare to raise funds
To apply, the company must meet all of these criteria:
- Be a legally registered company
- Demonstrate a positive impact in Africa: social or environmental impact, activity at the service of vulnerable populations (women, people with disabilities, refugees…) and/or integration of vulnerable populations in its value chain as customers, distributors, suppliers or employees
- Prove that you have first customers, a balanced turnover and economic model or a medium-term profitability objective
- Have a desire to grow and present an expansion strategy that takes into account the maximization of social or environmental impact.
The candidate representing the company, referred to here as the “applicant” or “the candidate”, must be the founder, co-founder, manager or at least in a position to make strategic decisions for the company.
They will not be eligible:
- individual applications
- NGO with no business model or profit target
- Public and semi-public organizations
- Companies in the project stage (without first income, prototype or proof of concept)
Prerequisites to participate in the program:
- The representative candidate of the company, called “the applicant” or “the candidate”, must be the founder, co-founder, manager or at least in a position to make strategic decisions for the company;
- The applicant must ensure that they have sufficiently stable Internet access to be able to follow the training and exchange sessions in good conditions;
- The candidate must be able to dedicate time to the program from September to the end of November 2022, at the rate of approximately 2 hours per week during this period.
- Active participation of Laureates within the SIBC community, and with future Laureates through mentors, etc. is expected.
- May 9 – June 26, 2022: submission of applications
- June 26 – July 08, 2022: examination of the applications and selection of the 40 participants chosen by the consortium and the selection committee
- July 18, 2022: announcement of the selected candidates.
- End of August 2022: program start and distance learning
- End of November 2022: One-week intensive bootcamp in Marseille and participation in the EMERGING Valley Summit
The application file must be completed on this platform and is made up of:
- An application form to fill out (questions about the project leader, the company, its structure, its impact and its strategy to scale)
- Proof of legal registration of the company (registration document, articles of association, etc.)
- Financial statements for the last 3 years (or if the company is younger, since its inception)
- Detailed CV of the project leader
- If you wish, a pitch-deck or a presentation of your company (optional)
For more information:
Visit the Official Page of the Social Camp & Inclusive Businesses 2022