Application Deadline: June 30, 2022
As part of the Digital Economy Summit 2022, the US-Africa Business Center of the US Chamber of Commerce (USAfBC) With AmChams throughout Africa, is organizing its annual event Digital Innovation Contest for African Startups. The competition is aimed at digital SMEs and startups looking to facilitate the delivery of digital, cross-border, interoperable and cross-domain services and solutions while accelerating their digitally enabled growth.
The Digital Innovation Contest will reward innovators, entrepreneurs and startups for developing solutions through digital products and services while creating a positive impact on African citizens. This competition seeks to promote talent in the African region through social impact digital initiatives that incorporate state-of-the-art technologies, innovation and creativity in the form of proposals that formulate solutions to different problems and opportunities in the region.
In-kind services may include laptops, annual subscriptions to digital platforms, tutoring, and digital marketing/advertising services for the top three competition winners. The top three winners will also be offered a virtual platform to interact with mentors and participants during the Digital Economy Summit on December 7, 2022.
The contest will focus on three main thematic areas:
- Fintech and cyber solutions: covering data flow solutions, cross-border digital platform solutions, mobile technology, intellectual property management, cyber security, and digital movement of creative art (movies, music, art).
- Sustainability and supply chain solutions: Covering smart manufacturing, e-commerce, managing sharing economies, digital supply chain enhancement, logistics solutions for e-commerce businesses, and agricultural technology (AgTech).
- Human Development and Social Services Solutions: covering digital health solutions, e-learning platform.
To be eligible, an applicant (or their startup) must:
- Be a new or innovative company with at least 51% African ownership
- Must be incorporated/registered with the appropriate body in the country, eg Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Not be a government agency, public administration, political organization or non-profit of any kind Africa Digital Entrepreneurship Competition 2022
- The startup must be based in one of the African countries.
- The startup must not be more than five (5) years old and not be part of a franchise brand or license agreements for distribution in a different country
- Not be a business involved in any illegal activity and not be listed on the US Department of the Treasury Sanctions List.
The total Grand Prize package is worth $25,000. This includes $15,000 in prizes, a 6-month mentorship with a Fortune 500 tech company, and a 1-year subscription to digital tools/platforms.
For more information:
Visit the official website of the Africa Digital Innovation Competition Awards 2022