We are Future. We are more than 3,000 colleagues in more than 250 brands talking to 400 million people every month around the world through websites, events and magazines. We have not only survived for the past two years, we have thrived, growing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan to stop any time soon.
We have ambitious plans that build on our growth momentum and open up new opportunities and we are looking for talented people who want to be a part of this.
We are looking for a Personal Finance Writer to join our growing Wealth Team to cover money news and features for The money Edit (themoneyedit.com) and several lifestyle titles in Future plc.
You must have a strong interest in writing about personal finance, journalistic experience, and the ability to write clearly and concisely within deadlines.
This role may be suitable for a second broker looking to take on their next challenge in financial journalism.
You’ll be part of an award-winning team and help create digitally rich content across some of the UK’s leading brands.
This role may be based in our London or Bath offices.
- Help create content on key topics for personal finance and consumer issues
- You will be asked to write source news, features, explanations and case studies.
- You have a good nose for news and will be asked to submit stories/content to the editor.
- You have a strong network that allows you to stay up to date with the latest news, trends and products.
- You must have the confidence to write for different types of audiences with different demographics.
- A good understanding and experience of CMS.
- Some experience and knowledge of the practice of SEO and how to apply it to editorial content
- This is a role that will continue to develop over time, with increasing opportunities as we continue to expand our wealth platform.
What do I need to be successful?
- A keen interest in and understanding of the home and personal finance industry.
- Top-tier SEO experience and be able to demonstrate growth from previous employment
- An excellent digital content creator.
- Relentless focus for delivery. You will be fully aware of the numbers and you will see the first trends before anyone else.
- Exceptional editing skills that come from a clear understanding of the audience.
- You will have a passion for the data side of web publishing and will closely monitor and interpret performance and trends.
- A ruthless approach to success: You’ll be able to combine creating transformative ideas with a determined focus to ensure they’re delivered.
- A great communicator, both with the industry and with the Future team in general.
What will I get in return?
In addition to our standard benefits, we have a number of amazing perks available to our staff, including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes, you read that right!)
- A part of our success: each staff member receives an earnings bonus at the end of our fiscal year
- Tremendous opportunities to learn and develop, whether through professional qualifications, exposure to amazing business projects, or informal lunches and apprenticeships, hosted by your peers.
Our Future, Our Responsibility – Inclusion and diversity in the Future
We have a voice and we will use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not only in our hiring processes, but in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer and will continue to ensure that our hiring process is free from bias and that our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free from discrimination and respectful of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is supported by our values and current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness. Learn more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.